Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Basic SEO Techniques

Content Is King
  The more article you write and the more you invite Google, Yahoo, Bing to accept your article. they’ll love your blog .


Social Bookmarking

social bookmarking helps you quickly indexing and popularise your site on the internet world. After writing a blog article, submit them to social bookmarking sites like Digg, Delicious, Stumbleupon, Reddit, Blogengage, Mixx, Dzone and all the other sites which i have as my bookmarking buttons at the end of this article. Apart from this, I also submit my site to social networking like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For a long list of Indian Social Bookmarking sites, you may check this wonderful article.
Site Directories
Site directories index your blog in their directory which helps you get a backlink and a good amount of traffic as well.  submit site to many directories like Technorati etc. and some Indian blog directories too.
SEO Plugins
4 SEO plugin which can help u a bit. I list them below
  1. All In One SEO
  2. Headspace2
  3. Robots Meta
  4. Google XML sitemap
First 3 plugins help me insert meta tags and keyword related to my blog niche and article content. The sitemap plugin helps me to submit my sitemap to Google, Yahoo and Bing
Keyword Research
This is one of the most important aspect of a blog SEO. A blog must have inserted some meta tags and keyword of their niche. use Google Keyword tool to find related keywords of my blog niche and add them to Robots Meta plugin and headspace2 plugin. . find keywords related to article and add it to the field given below the wordpress post editor.
Remember : Choosing wrong keywords may mislead the search engines and it will increase your bounce rate. So choose keywords wisely.
Sending Pings
After writing a blog post,  use Pingomatic to ping all the listing services so that to make them alert about new blog post.
What’s your Techniques ?
After applying all the above methods, i get listed in Google search in less than 2 minutes successfully every time i post new article and i have been getting a good amount of traffic now.
I would like to hear some of your methods and ways you keep your blog’s basic SEO up-to-date and would also like to have some suggestion about my SEO. I hope it will be good and helpful even to you.
Thanks. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment